How a clever revamp can raise market value & lure more buyers……..
Posted on 28th February 2017 at 15:19
BNI Premier member Paul Tobin of Paul Tobin Estates presented us with this case study as an example of the service he provides his client and the benefits of investing in your property as you bring it to market to realise a higher sales value.
Valentor, Clonminch Road, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
How a clever revamp of this 70's Bungalow raised market value and achieved a premium selling price. With an investment from our client of €36,500, for the purpose of attracting a purchaser, the result lead to an agreed sale price way beyond everyone's expectations, from an advised market value of €165,000 to €280,000.
Worked carried out:
1. As there was no heating system and no radiators, the previous heating system was storage heating. The house was plumbed throughout and new radiators (with TRV's) installed with in all rooms with zoned heating and an A rated oil boiler
2. The floors and walls were pumped with insulation (Snug as a Bug Insulation)
3. The attic was insulated to 300mm, the required level to meet today's standards
4. Floors were restored, sanded and varnished by John Kelly flooring Tullamore.
5. The front of the house was plastered and painted by us as the original facade was old pebble dash and brick which did not look very inviting from the road.
6. The roof slates were primed and painted to again help bring a fresh look to the exterior of the property. (The Colour Yard, Tullamore)
7. The driveway was filled with decorative stone and curbing, outside lights were installed to include lamps on the entrance pillars.
8. The bathrooms were tiled and all sanitary ware was changed to medium range products.
9. The internal and external was painted with refreshing trending colours, internally we used contemporary grey colours and externally we used neutral colours.
10. Chandelier style light fittings with low energy bulbs were placed in all rooms. (B&Q light fittings)
11. We knocked through some walls to add more light and we primed and painted the existing kitchen units Gun Metal Grey which was much cheaper than replacing the whole Kitchen. We tiled the Kitchen floor and restored the flooring in the dining park of the room.
Finally, the existing Estate Agent was handed back the property after the refurbishment as they were local to the Property. We acted as joint agents with all the negotiations going through us. We provided the local agents with professional photographs of the property, professional laminated brochures, 3D floor plans and a professional description. The property attracted record numbers and was agreed for €30,000 over the asking price. Whilst on the market on the first occasion and prior to the refurbishment the property did not attract any buyers or offers.
We are Estate Agents with a difference. We specialise in the area of cost effective refurbishments and interior services for the benefit of our clients, and buyers love it too. We are not about chasing high volumes of Clients and property listings; we are a boutique practice and offer this as a tailored service to suit each Client. After we complete projects we develop a strong marketing campaign to include an online presence using professional photographs, brochures, 3D Floorplans etc.
Paul Tobin Estates
Deanstown House, Main Street, Blanchardstown Village, Dublin 15
Mobile: 086 827 1556 | Landline: 01 902 0092
Click Here to see Paul and the other BNI Premier Members profiles.
Tagged as: Members
Share this post: